LEBPN | primary projects
Reading & Number Partners
The Schemes aim to raise the literacy or numeracy skills of children aged between 5 and 11. All volunteers receive an induction session where the programme is explained.
Volunteers then spend from half an hour per week in the school, over a school term.
How can you help?
- Helping a student with one-to-one reading and discussing books
- Playing games involving literacy or;
- Playing maths games as an enjoyable experience
Benefits to students:
- Improves reading or numeracy level
- Increases confidence and self-esteem
- Provides regular one-to-one attention from interested and committed adults
- Helps to raise career aspirations by exposure to positive role models from the world of work
Benefits to employee volunteers:
- Explore new situations and challenges and learn new skills
- A chance to give back to the community and watch a child learn and grow in confidence
- Have some fun and a break during your work day
- An opportunity for team building with work colleagues